Whenever we leave the house she is constantly trying to pick a flower off some bush somewhere.
Thanks to the genius who decided poisonous flowers like Lantana and Oleander were the best choice in Arizona landscaping, I am constantly bursting her little bubble saying "No, not that one! Put that down!".
So, it was no surprise that her favorite activity at the Phoenix Children's Museum was the pretend flower gardens. If we would have let her she would have spent the entire time planting and arranging the colorful flowers.
Perfect! Flowers that can be planted and replanted all day long with no worries of them being poisonous!
For Evelyn's birthday I made her own personal Pretend Flower Garden.
- 10 different bunches of colorful flowers (dollar store)
- Small plastic watering can (dollar store)
- Small toy shovel set (dollar store)
- 2 colorful planters (walmart)
- 2 square foam blocks (walmart, same aisle as fake flowers)
- Big clear plastic tub to hold everything (walmart)
All I did was super glue the foam blocks into the flower pots so she could push the fake flower into it and they stand straight up. (tried hot glue first but it didn't stay long)
She loves it. Easy, cheap, and lot's of fun!