So first here's an easy idea I had to help make Evelyn's breakfast fun and special. She loved it.
Since I know I like to hear what others make for meals to give me ideas....Here's a quick list of ideas (and recipes) for easy (and healthy) breakfasts that this toddler has approved.
- Scrambled Eggs and whole wheat toast (with ketchup of coarse)
- Blueberry whole wheat pancakes and 100% maple syrup (freeze well)
- Yogurt, whole wheat toast and fresh fruit
- Fruit and yogurt smoothie (add a handful of fresh spinach, doesn't change the taste!)
- Omelet with spinach, tomato, and cheese (she picks out the tomatoes sometimes)
- Whole wheat french toast with 100% maple syrup
- Whole wheat crepes stuffed with berries and vanilla yogurt
- Plain oatmeal with frozen blueberries, sweetened with honey or syrup
We usually have some kind of fresh fruit every morning and a glass of Orange Juice too.
Any ideas your toddlers love to eat, please share!