Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fruits of the Spirit

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives:
 love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. 
There is no law against these things! " 
Galatians 5:22-23
Photo by my hubby
When I got married they told us that marriage brings out sin that you never knew you struggled with. WOW was that an understatement. 
However, 
Being a mom I am seeing that having children is
a whole new ball game...
When I witness my own sin being mirrored in my 
sweet little daughter, it's very eye opening. 
The first time I realized how closely she was watching me was when I noticed she was pointing her finger at me when she would talk back at me. I didn't even realize I did this until a friend said "you know where shes gets that from don't you?" 
Yeah, that would be ME.

Little eyes are watching my every action and every attitude. 
When I am not walking in the spirit it is clear in my life but also in the actions of my little ones. When I feel stressed and frustrated. When I snap at my husband. When I feel overwhelmed. When I get angry. It doesn't only effect me. My sin overflows into the life of my children. 

It's easy for me to just stop here and feel discouraged. Feel like there nothing that I can do about it so I should just give up before I even try. Well it's true I can't do it. I can't muster up the strength to be "Super Mommy" BUT I do know where to find this kind of fruit. 


    “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you,
 you will bear much fruit;
apart from me you can do nothing." 
John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment