Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Month


A month from today we will be boarding a plane in Atlanta, GA and flying halfway across the world. To a place that I have grown to love already, though I have never even stepped  foot on that infamous red dirt I hear so much about. I have wept in response to the endless stories of pain and loss and at the same time I have praised God for the work that is being done in places most will never know about. My heart longs to experience first hand the genuine joy that I have heard about that is so foreign in this culture I have always known. I desire to be Jesus' hands and feet while I am there, pouring myself out in the name of the gospel but I am most ready to be poured into by the very ones I long to serve. 



Prayer requests right now: 
-Our hearts will be soft and ready to serve
-The details of family caring for our girls while we are away
-Our hearts as we leave our girls for the first time and that we trust in the Lord to take care of them 
-All the "stuff" I need to get ready 


Beyond excited... doesn't seem real... 

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the trip and meeting you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! You can do it! Praying for you as you go into the world and spread the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly exciting! I will be praying for you and your family! It's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete