Saturday, April 9, 2011

Let it Pour

Today God did more than I expected. 


I have such little faith but I know that God's working in me.


Most of you know we have our BIG Garage Sale 
planned for April 23rd, but since our neighborhood was having a community sale we decided to have a smaller sale this weekend with what we've collected so far. We wanted to try and raise the money we needed for next week's expenses. Monday our plan is to get fingerprints done/sent, passport photos taken, and physicals done. Therefore, we need about $105.00 without the cost of Dr. visits. Well, we realized halfway into the week that rain was on Saturday's forecast and by Friday it seemed pretty certain it would be a pretty wet morning. 

I decided to go ahead and stick with it. I mean, this is Arizona; "they" say rain and half the time it's a light sprinkle. I set up as much as I could the night before inside the garage in hopes that people would still come in if it was dry. 




Both Josh and I got up at the crack of dawn and finished getting the garage all set up and then we waited... It didn't take long for me to feel silly and want to just close my garage and wash my hands of the whole thing!  (especially when I realized nobody else in our community had a sale and they didn't have the gates open like they said they would.) 

Minutes after I asked Josh if we should just close the door and forget about it our first customers pulled up! We ended around 11:30am with $98.00 dollars! 

We got almost all we need for Mondays expenses as well as a reminder that God will provide what we need. Even if we didn't make a dime today He would have provided it in another way! 


 " But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, 
and all these things shall be added to you." 
Matthew 6:33



**Update- This evening we checked the mail and a sweet family member had sent us a check for $30.00 to go towards our Garage Sale  since they live so far. Now we are over what we needed! **

No comments:

Post a Comment