Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Re-focus

{

OK so even though I don't think Thanksgiving is all about turkey nor is Christmas about Santa, I did think this was funny and a good ice breaker for my thoughts .

I am a firm believer that all Christmas decor and energy should be harnessed until at least the day after Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Christmas and I am excited as anyone to bust out my holiday music and Christmas cookie cutters but seriously where did Thanksgiving go?

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday and I feel like it is always overshadowed by Christmas. What a sweet time it is to slow down and truly thank God for our blessings and then pray that He works in our hearts to take those blessings and give generously to those in need.
LOVE this quote source
It feels like when we rush through November with our eyes so focus on Christmas we are missing out on a blessed season that can be used to prepare our hearts for the wonderful celebration of Jesus' coming to earth. My prayer is that God would let me just slow down and take this time to reflect on His goodness and that He would cultivate in me a heart of worship. That He would ready my spirit to celebrate the gift of His son and in result not be so easily distracted or caught up in what the world tells us the holidays should be about.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."
Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment